The end of 2018 is upon us, and it's that time of year where I like to reflect on the past year and start to build my vision for the next. I'd like to share some of those reflections with you because YOU are a pretty big part of what keeps me motivated to continue to keep putting my music out there.
I accomplished quite a lot this past year both project wise and financially. Since there are 10 days until Christmas, I present to you my Top 10 Favorite Accomplishments of 2018!
1) As of March, I am now a full time musician. This is scary for me because pretty much ever since I left home at 15, I've never NOT had a steady paycheck. This is both liberating and terrifying at the same time. Wheeeee!!
2) I completed a successful radio campaign. My music played on over 88 radio terrestrial stations this year. I also met some awesome new fans because of it, including one special fan whose offspring's wedding I'll be performing at this June, in my home state nonetheless.
3) There are almost 100 more of you subscribing this newsletter than there were at the beginning of the year. Thank you for being here! Your inbox is a precious sacred place and I'm so happy that you've chosen to share it with me. :D
4) I launched my Patreon page! This was waaaay harder than I thought it would be to get up and running, but for those of you who have stuck with me this year, you hold a special place in my heart. Your monthly contributions are helping me save up for studio time, which is my most favoritest thing int he whole world, and I know you all are dying for some new music! (You can help me release new music faster by joining us here: https://www.patreon.com/alexwinters)
5) My song "Alone" was played 525 times on Pandora (start a station or add me to your favorite here: https://www.pandora.com/artist/alex-winters/ARfJw4x2m7zvhdw). This is crazy because this is the one song that I've not promoted AT ALL, and yet this is the one that's killing it on Pandora.
6) I played 69 live shows, did at least 5 live radio broadcasts (I should have kept track, shame on me!), and one YouTube Vlog interview.
7) I went on an honest to goodness vacation with my love to Hawaii and got to visit some of my dearest friends (our first real vacation in almost a decade).
8) My music was streamed in 88 countries world wide on Spotify (Follow or add me to your favorite station here: https://open.spotify.com/artist/3OtYW9SZGLNgCKn6EfO73p).
9) I paid off a big home remodeling loan (my BEAUTIFUL kitchen that you've seen in my cooking videos, if you're in the Frans Group. (Join us here: https://www.facebook.com/fransofalexwinters). I’ve been debt free several times in my life now (with the exception of my mortgage and car payment) and every time I do it, it feels absolutely amazing. I’m not quite there yet again, but this was a big one to get out of the way.
10) I signed 10 contracts for licensing opportunities for TV and Film including the Discovery Network, as well as shows like Bill Nye Saves the World and The Real World.
Thanks to you, 2018 was a huge success in my book, and I can’t wait to see what 2019 will bring!
What gave you the strongest feelings of accomplishment/happiness in 2018?